York Friends Meeting had its beginning in the days before the Revolutionary War. Quakers in the area of York began meeting as early as 1764 and in 1767, a preparative meeting was requested to be under the care of Warrington Monthly Meeting. A monthly meeting was established in 1786 at York, which aligned itself with the Hicksite branch at the time of the Separation. In 1858, the original York Monthly meeting was laid down.
In 1932, a meeting was organized as an independent monthly meeting, which in 1951 became a monthly meeting under Warrington Quarterly.
135 West Philadelphia Street
York, PA 17401