Uwchlan Preparative meeting was set up by Chester Monthly after being an indulged meeting from 1714 under the care of Goshen Preparative. When Goshen Monthly was established from a division of Chester Monthly in 1721, this meeting became a part of it, with meetings being held in the home of John Cadwallader until 1756 at … Read moreUwchlan Meetinghouse
The meetinghouse was built about 1846 for the use of the Hicksite branch of the Bradford Friends. The meeting was merged into the Bradford & Uwchlan meeting which was laid down about 1900. The meetinghouse and burial ground is under the care of Sadsbury Monthly Meeting. It is occasionally opened in the summer months.
Also known as Derry or Londonderry Meeting, Doe Run Preparative was set up in 1811 by Fallowfield Monthly, having had meetings for worship from 1805 to 1808 and as an indulged meeting from 1808 to 1811. In 1808, Joshua and Mary Jackson donated a bit over of an acre of land, upon which was built … Read moreDoe Run Preparative Meeting
At the time of the Great Separation the Hicksite portion of the Fallowfield Preparative meeting had retained the original grounds and meetinghouse and the Orthodox faction met until 1841 in the original log structure that had been erected in 1794. In 1841, they purchased a lot on the northern side of Ercildoun and erected a … Read moreFallowfield Orthodox Meeting
In 1822, a preparative meeting was established at Whiteland by Goshen Monthly meeting, with the approval of Concord Quarterly. A meeting for worship had been established in 1816. The meetinghouse was a one -story stone house located just south of the Lincoln Highway on South Malin Road. A small burial ground was also plotted. The … Read moreWest Whiteland Preparative Meeting