After many years of our old format, Quaker Meeting History has a new look on a new platform. Stay tuned for lots of changes as we look to include much more data about Quaker meetings and meetinghouses.
Drumore Preparative Meeting was established in 1816 by Little Britain Monthly. At the time of the Great Separation, the Hicksite members retained the meetinghouse and its burial ground across the road. The Orthodox side of the the meeting was laid down. In 1928, the trustees of the meeting deeded the property to the Drumore Cemetery … Read moreDrumore Preparative Meeting
Diamond Ridge Meeting was established in 1851 in the home of Thomas Hartley in Baltimore County. It was apparently an indulged meeting of Elk Ridge Meeting in Ellicott City. The meeting was laid down at some point after 1870. The burial ground that was created on the property is still visible along the road side … Read moreDiamond Ridge Meeting
2111 Florida Avenue NWWashington, DC 20008 Friends Meeting of Washington website
Deer Creek Friends first gathered as a preparative meeting in 1736 under Nottingham Monthly. Their first meetinghouse was a log structure built in 1737 and was located across the road from the current location. After a fire in 1784, the meetinghouse was rebuilt of stone across the road. In 1760, Deer Creek became a monthly … Read moreDeer Creek Friends Meeting
Library of Presbyterian Church310 Tulip AvenueTakoma Park, MD 20912