In 1822, a preparative meeting was established at Whiteland by Goshen Monthly meeting, with the approval of Concord Quarterly. A meeting for worship had been established in 1816. The meetinghouse was a one -story stone house located just south of the Lincoln Highway on South Malin Road. A small burial ground was also plotted. The burial ground is under the care of Goshen Monthly Meeting.
At the time of the Separation,the Orthodox branch retained the property, though both groups continued to use the meetinghouse for a number of years until the Hicksite branch was laid down in 1847. In 1879, most of the members of the meeting have moved to the Malvern area, so it was decided to build a new meetinghouse there. By the end of the 1800’s, Whiteland was the last remaining preparative meeting within Goshen Monthly, so all meetings were held at Malvern. The Whiteland Preparative meeting was laid down sometime after 1918.
When the two factions were re-united, the Hicksite meetinghouse at Goshenville became the home of the Goshen Monthly Meeting and the Malvern property was no longer needed. It is currently in use by Malvern Bible Chapel.