Richland Monthly Meeting was established in 1742 as part of Philadelphia Quarter. The first meetinghouse was of frame, built by the Richland Preparative Meeting. In the late part of the 1700’s, the frame building was replaced by a stone meetinghouse.
In 1786 the meeting became part of Abington Quarterly Meeting. Stroudsburg and Friendsville Preparative meetings were subordinate meetings to Richland.