Middletown Friends Meeting

Middletown Friends Meeting in Langhorne was first established in 1680 as Neshaminy Indulged meeting under Burlington Quarterly, In 1683, the meeting was set up as a monthly when Falls Monthly meeting was divided. Meetings were held in the homes of the members until a log structure was erected about a mile from the current location. In 1706, the name of the meeting was changed to Middletown Monthly Meeting.

At the time of the Great Separation, the meetinghouse was retained by the Hicksite side. The Orthodox side met in the homes of their members until they constructed a meetinghouse in 1841.1WPA Inventory of Church Archives

453 West Maple Avenue
Langhorne, PA 19047

Leave a Comment

Share via
Copy link
Powered by Social Snap