Makefield Friends Meeting was established as an indulged meeting about 1750 by Falls Monthly Meeting. In 1820, Makefield Monthly Meeting was split off from Falls Monthly as a new monthly meeting. The meetinghouse was built in 1752 and the following year, additional land was purchased for a burial ground. At the time of the Great Separation, the meeting was retained by the Hicksite and the Orthodox side was laid down.
877 Dolington Road
Newtown, PA 18940