Fawn was established as an indulged meeting under Deer Creek Monthly about 1761. It became a preparative meeting in 1792. The meeting was laid down sometime after the beginning of the 20th century.
The frame meetinghouse, still in existence, is probably a replacement for a much earlier structure. There is a good-sized burial ground. Fawn Grove Cemetery Association is the current owner of the property.