The old meetinghouse in Exeter township was first the home of of a worship group known as “Oley” established in 1724 by Gwynedd Monthly, with a preparative meeting following in 1725. In 1737, the two meetings were added to the newly former Oley Monthly. When Exeter township was erected in 1742, the monthly meeting’s name was changed to Exeter Monthly to reflect the township change.
At the time of the Separation, the Orthodox branch retained the meetinghouse and grounds of the preparative group. The Orthodox preparative and monthly meetings were laid down in 1899, but the worship continued until the early part of the 1930’s.
In 1949, a meeting for worship was established again at the old Exeter meetinghouse, known as Old Exeter Particular meeting and in 1955, that meeting became the current Exeter Monthly meeting.
191 Meetinghouse Road
Douglassville, PA 19518