Fallsington Friends Meeting has a somewhat confusing history. The meetinghouse currently in use by the Fallsington Friends was built in 1841, though two of the earlier meetinghouses are still standing in Fallsington.
The meeting was first established in 1683 by Burlington Quarterly Meeting but it was soon transferred to the new Bucks Quarterly meeting in 1684. The first meetinghouse was built in 1692, but no longer exists.
The next meetinghouse was built in 1728 and is now known as the Gambrel Roof House, pictured to the left. Since its time as a meetinghouse, it has served as a boarding school, a library, a private home and a dental office. In 1940 it was converted into apartments. The property was acquired by Historic Fallsington, Inc. in 1969.
The third meetinghouse was built in 1789 of fieldstone. At the time of the Great Separation, this meetinghouse was retained by the Hicksite faction. It is now the home of the William Penn Center, pictured at right.
The Orthodox side moved to another building in the village that had been the schoolmaster’s house until they built a new meetinghouse. The Orthodox meetinghouse, pictured at the top of this article, was built in 1841 and is the current home of the Fallsington Friends Meeting.
9300 New Falls Road
Fallsington, PA 19054