Elkridge Meeting was first established before 1700. When the founders of Ellicott City, the Ellicott brothers, first came to Maryland from Bucks county, Pennsylvania, about 1774, they attended meeting at a meeting house in Elkridge, near Ilchester. In 1800, the Ellicott brothers built a meeting house on the edges of the mill town they founded and presented it to the Friends of Baltimore for the use of the Society. From that point on, Friends met in the new meeting house, as the old one was too small and quite inconvenient for many to attend. By 1816, attendance at the meeting had dropped quite a bit, partly due to the rise of the popularity of the city of Baltimore. In 1851, attendance at Elkridge dropped significantly after the Diamond Ridge Meeting was established. Elkridge Meeting was laid down in 1853.
After its close as a meetinghouse, the building was used as a school and a hospital. It is now a private residence.
The burial ground for the meeting lies to the south of the meetinghouse, next to the walled-in Ellicott Family Cemetery.