A meeting for worship was first established at Barnegat in 1767 by Little Egg Harbor Monthly Meeting, followed by a preparative meeting in 1804. It seems that there was not a Hicksite portion to this meeting as it was continued as an Orthodox meeting in Burlington Quarter after the Great Separation. Though sources differ on timing, it appears that both the worship meeting and the preparative meeting were discontinued by 1905. In the late 1950’s, the worship meeting was reopened during the summer months and year-round meetings were re-established in 1970. In 1973, Burlington Quarterly established Barnegat Monthly Meeting.
There is a good-sized graveyard adjoining the meetinghouse.
614 E. Bay Avenue
Barnegat, NJ 08005