Kennett Monthly Meeting

The first meeting house in Kennett Square was built on State street. When the Great Separation occurred, the Hicksite faction retained the State Street property. In 1873, the original State street building was replaced by a larger structure.The Orthodox Quakers built a meetinghouse of their own on Marshall street.

In the early 1950’s, a new, larger meeting house was built on Sickles street, where the Friends have met ever since.

Leave a Comment

Share via
Copy link
Powered by Social Snap