Quakertown Friends Meeting

Location

Rte 579 at Whitebridge Road
08868 Quakertown , NJ 40° 34' 0.1128" N, 74° 56' 37.662" W

What is now known as Quakertown Friends meeting was first established in 1744 by Burlington Quarterly as Bethlehem Monthly meeting, but it didn't keep that name for very long. From 1748 to 1859, it was known as Kingwood. Transferred to New york Yearly in 1786, it returned to Philadelphia Yearly in 1859, at which point it became known as Quakertown. The Orthodox branch of the meeting was discontinued in 1828  and its members transferred to Rahway and Plainfield Monthly meeting,

The Hicksite branch was laid \down in 1905 but reestablished in 1957 and attached to Bucks Quarterly Meeting.

There is cemetery behind the meetinghouse.