London Britain Meetinghouse

Location

1415 New London Road
19350 Landenberg , PA 39° 44' 13.7688" N, 75° 47' 47.1732" W

The meetinghouse at London Britain is still in regular use during the summer by Newark Monthly Meeting. The meetinghouse was originally the home of the London Britain Preparative meeting which had been established in 1842 by New Garden Monthly (Orthodox) after being an indulged meeting since 1834. Prior to the meetinghouse being built, the members met in the home of Richard Chambers of White Clay Creek. The preparative meeting was laid down in 1905 and its members were transferred to West Grove Preparative, while the worship  was continued till at least 1928 and the property transferred to New Garden Monthly. Prior to its use by the Newark Friends, the meetinghouse was opened annually.