Horsham Monthly Meeting


500 Easton Road
19044 Horsham , PA
Phone: 215-672-1714
40° 11' 0.5496" N, 75° 7' 54.12" W

A meeting for worship was established by Abington Monthly at Horsham in 1716, followed by a preparative meeting the following year. In 1782, the meeting was joined to Horsham Monthly Meeting when that meeting was established.

At the time of the Separation, the Orthodox preparative meeting was transferred to Abington Monthly (Othoodox) and the members met in private homes until they built a new meetinghouse in 1830 on Welsh Road. In 1890, they moved to a new meetinghouse at the corner of Saw Mill Lane and Dresher Road. The Orthodox preparative meeting was discontinued in 1907. The Orthodox monthly meeting was discontinued in 1920 and its members attached to the Orthodox Abington Monthly meeting. The property was sold in 1920 and turned into a private residence, still standing.

By 1938, the Horsham preparative meeting only met on an annual basis. and was discontinued about 1959. The Hicksite monthly meeting was the forerunner for the modern Horsham Monthly Meeting.

There is a graveyard for the meeting, located across the street.