Doylestown Friends Meeting


95 East Oakland Avenue
18901 Doylestown , PA 40° 18' 37.1916" N, 75° 7' 40.0404" W

The Doylestown area had an active Friends presence for quite a few years before they built their meetinghouse in 1836, with members meeting in what is now the Masonic Temple until they had a meeting place of their own. The group was established as an indulged meeting about 1834 by Buckingham Monthly meeting, so the early records for the group will be found within the Buckingham records. In 1950, the meeting was established as a Monthly meeting by Bucks Quarterly. There does not seem to have been an Orthodox faction to the meeting.